Dead by Daylight is an asymmetrical multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught and killed. As a Killer, your goal is to sacrifice as many Survivors as possible. As a Survivor, your goal is to escape and avoid being caught and killed. The game is currently available on PC, Consoles, and Switch.
Dead By Daylight is every horror fanatics’ dream come true! There has been a surge in players over the last several months, especially knowing that Halloween just passed. Also, from October 21st to November 11th, The Midnight Grove event welcomes new Survivor Mikaela Reid into the Fog with special content set to fill the Entity’s Realm with rewards, challenges, an extra-eerie atmosphere, and special stories written by Mikaela herself – all for a very limited time.
I have been playing Dead By Daylight since Starbreeze sold publishing rights to Behaviour Interactive that invested $2 million in the title’s initial development than later sold it to Behaviour Interactive for $16 million. Dead By Daylight was developed by Behaviour and released in 2016 for PC, with an Xbox One and PS4 version arriving a year later. 3 million copies were sold with $42 million in net sales. You can read more about Dead By Daylight News and Announcements.
Per GamerRant, There are plans for the next two Dead by Daylight Chapters to leak online, potentially revealing a crossover with The Conjuring film franchise. Chapter 22 is going to be called Crow’s Nest and that Chapter 23 is going to be based on The Conjuring film franchise. The Conjuring movies are a popular series of horror films based on fictionalized versions of Ed and Lorraine Warren, infamous supernatural investigators. The Conjuring movies feature a number of notable characters who could make for interesting new Survivors, as well as ghostly apparitions that would be solid picks for killers. It must be stressed that this leak has not been proven outright and so fans should take it with a grain of salt. However, it wouldn’t be surprising at all if these leaks turn out to be true.
Dead By Daylight has recently had a lot of bugs that were currently in-game. The Devs have been working diligently to fix these current bugs in-game. Yesterday’s update 5.3.2 was released earlier in the day and was focused to fix a lot of these bugs.
There have been Fixes in the Boon Totems:
- Disabled an animation restriction that caused many boon totems to be unsuitable by the killer due to the placement of totems. Also, here is a list of the full bugs that were fixed in today’s update as well. After today’s bug fixes, the game should be running a lot smoother than what was occurring in the most recent weeks. I know at times whenever bugs are fixed, it causes new bugs.
- The Devs on Dead By Daylight fixed issues that caused the archive widget to appear without any challenge selected in the Tome page.
- Fixed an issue that caused the purchased survivor to be unlocked and no Auric Cells to be spent after getting a “Purchase Failed” error within the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to be able to level up two characters in the Bloodwebs at the exact same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors that use the Clairvoyance perk to be able to push other survivors.
- Fixed an issue that caused the interaction bar not to become red whenever blessing a hex totem.
- Fixed an issue that may cause reverse bear traps installed by the Pig’s Video Tape add-on not to kill survivors whenever the timer does run out.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Adrenaline Perk not to trigger if the Survivor was not eligible to receive the effect whenever the Exit Gates were powered.
- Fixed an issue that caused the grass and foliage to become partially black as players walk through.
- Fixed a wrong active node state in the Archives.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an excessively long /infinite loading screen.
These Are the Current Bugs that were fixed for Switch only:
- Fixed a text overlapping issue in the KeyBinding menu.
- Fixed an issue in the docked state by deactivating the menu movement whenever moving the cursor.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an excessive long/infinite loading screen.
Here is a list of the current Bugs that the Devs of Dead By Daylight are currently aware of:
- The Killer can only earn 1 point of progress per Tangled Hook for the Halloween Hook Challenge.
- Whenever completing a level in the Archives, the level status is not immediately refreshed. However, leaving and re-entering the menu will refresh and reflect the completed status.
- The Devs are currently aware of an issue with the Perk Clairvoyance, where the effects may not be disabled in some cases.
- Also, a Survivor with an activated Clairvoyance can consume another Survivor’s activated Clairvoyance whenever they are close to one another.
After reading all of these bug fixes, I am hoping that Dead By Daylight becomes a better experience! Over the last few weeks, it has been rough with all the bugs to several Perks and Maps as well that are unable to be used. I knew that the Devs would be able to decipher through all of these bugs and attempt to get them corrected. Thankfully, sooner rather than later. All of these current updates, which you are welcome to check out here, Dead By Daylight’s Bugfix Patch.