Now that it is officially the end of 2021 and we are in 2022, everyone is anticipating what will be the new games that will be released for consoles in the New Year! For all the gamers out there that are waiting for the announcement for the release of these games, the wait is officially over! There are a lot of new games, and several dates to look forward to whenever the release of these new games. There are a lot more games as well that will be released that can be found here.
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human is an upcoming action role-playing game developed and published by Techland.
- The sequel to 2015’s Dying Light, the game is scheduled to be released on February 4, 2022.
- Sifu is an upcoming beat ’em up action-adventure video game developed and published by French studio Sloclap.
- The game is set to be released for Windows, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 on 8 February 2022.
- Rumbleverse is an all-new, free-to-play, 40-person Brawler Royale where anyone can be a champion.
- You play as your own unique citizen of Graphical City, as you battle your way to victory!
- Customize your fighter by mixing and matching hundreds of unique items, and stand out from the crowd.
- Get launched from a cannon, drop into the streets, and prepare to throw down!
- Where you land is up to you, but beware — there’s chaos around every corner and on top of the tallest skyscraper!
- Leap from rooftop to rooftop and smash open crates looking for weapons and upgrades.
- Each round is a new opportunity to discover new moves and perks that’ll give you the edge in your quest for glory.
Horizon Forbidden West
- Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West- a majestic but dangerous frontier that conceals mysterious new threats.
- Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon. The land is dying. Vicious storms and an unstoppable blight ravage the scattered remnants of humanity, while fearsome new machines prowl their borders. Life on Earth is hurtling towards another extinction, and no one knows why. It’s up to Aloy to uncover the secrets behind these threats and restore order and balance to the world. Along the way, she must reunite with old friends, forge alliances with warring new factions and unravel the legacy of the ancient past – all the while trying to stay one step ahead of a seemingly undefeatable new enemy.
- It is set to be released on 18 February 2022.
Gran Turismo 7
- Gran Turismo 7 brings together the very best features of the Real Driving Simulator.
- Whether you’re a competitive or casual racer, collector, tuner, livery designer, or photographer – find your line with a staggering collection of game modes including fan-favorites like GT Campaign, Arcade, and Driving School. With the reintroduction of the legendary GT Simulation Mode, buy, tune, race, and sell your way through a rewarding solo campaign as you unlock new cars and challenges. And if you love going head-to-head with others, hone your skills and compete in the GT Sport Mode. With over 420 cars available at Brand Central and the Used Car Dealership from day one, Gran Turismo 7 recreates the look and feel of classic motors and bleeding-edge supercars alike in unparalleled detail. Each car handles differently and feels unique as you navigate over 90 track routes in dynamic weather conditions, including classic courses from GT history.
- Gran Turismo 7 will be released on March 4, 2022.
- Triangle Strategy is a new 2D tactical role-playing game (RPG) being developed by Square Enix exclusively for the Nintendo Switch, at least at launch.
- Triangle Strategy Release date is sometime in March 2022.
- Tunic is an action-adventure about a tiny fox in a big world. The game definitely takes inspiration from Zelda, allowing you to explore the wilderness, discover secrets, and fight terrible creatures from long ago. The combat is very similar to Zelda as well. Equipped with a trusty sword and shield, you can engage foes, cut tall grass, and even smash pots.
- Tunic is set to release on March 16, 2022.
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is an action role-playing first-person shooter video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. It is a spin-off in the Borderlands series and a successor to Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep.
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands will release March 25, 2022.
- Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures. Journey through the story of a group of atypical heroes, written into legend by the decisions you make in an unforgiving land. Each journey is unique and tailored to the actions taken – a series of high-stakes adventures where everything counts and the world reacts to the choices you make. Form a posse or venture forth alone into the otherworldly confines of the Weird West and make each legend your own.
- Weird West: Dark Fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures, each playing with their own rules and their own peculiar motives.
- The game is set to be released for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in March 2022.
- Saints Row is an upcoming action-adventure game and reboot of the Saints Row series. Developed by Volition and published by Deep Silver.
- It is scheduled for release on August 23, 2022, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Windows platforms.
- Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next-generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you embark on an epic journey to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.
- STARFIELD COMING ON NOVEMBER 11, 2022.
Bear and Breakfast
- Bear and Breakfast is a laid-back management adventure game where you play as a well-meaning bear trying to run a B+B in the woods. Hank and his friends find an abandoned shack and, equipped with their teenage ingenuity, turn it into a money-making bed and breakfast scheme for unsuspecting tourists. As your business expands so do the mysteries of the forest, and Hank soon finds himself uncovering a plot deeper than the wilderness itself.
- Deeply customize your inn with dozens of guest rooms, bathrooms, parlors, and entertainment.
- Each room can be individually customized completely from furniture to fixtures.
- Bring guests into the forest to stay at your inn. Keep guests happy to maintain your reputation, earn tips, and attract new customers!
- Complete objects and storylines to collect new additions and perks for your inn.
- Uncover a world rich in lore, side quests, characters, and secrets.
- The release date on steam is 2022.
- Take control of the powerful pink puffball, Kirby, and move around freely in 3D stages as you discover a mysterious world with abandoned structures from a past civilization—like a shopping mall?! Copy enemies’ abilities like Sword and Ice and use them to attack and explore your surroundings! What journey awaits Kirby? Take a deep breath and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
- Join Kirby in an unforgettable journey on a delightful 3D platforming adventure
- Explore a mysterious world with abandoned structures, remnants of a past civilization
- Copy enemies’ abilities and use them to attack and explore. Kirby and The Forgotten
- Kirby and The Forgotten Land will be Available in Spring 2022.
Goodbye Volcano High
- It’s the final year of high school, and graduation looms on the horizon. Will the students of Volcano High have enough time to figure themselves out before it’s all over? Is it too late to tell their crush how they feel? Are they even ready for what comes next? Goodbye Volcano High is a cinematic narrative game about the end of an era, and the beginning of a love story.
- The planned Release Date is in 2022.
Metal Slug Tactics
- METAL SLUG is back with a brand new entry in the METAL SLUG universe. Discover a new side of the emblematic run’n’gun and jump into a dynamic tactical RPG with roguelike elements! Super fun and lighthearted, Metal Slug Tactics takes what makes METAL SLUG so special and unique and brings it to the tactical genre!
- TACTICAL RPG WITH ROGUELIKE ELEMENTS
- Experience the iconic dynamic battles of the METAL SLUG series with a brand new perspective. Build up your adrenaline bar to unlock super attacks and use them wisely. Gain some precious war experience after each battle and unlock weapons or bonus perks to upgrade your team’s firepower.
- SOLDIERS! ASSEMBLE!
- Choose between iconic brothers-in-arms to create the perfect team to stop the war.
- Launch simultaneous attacks on your targets with the sync. mechanic to deal a hell of a lot of damage to the enemies! Don’t forget to call in some reinforcements if your team isn’t enough! They will send over the heavy artillery to support you: the Metal Slug, air raids, you name it, you get it!
- FIGHT YOUR WAY TO VICTORY
- Ending the war won’t be easy. Many challenges await, prepare to die again and again but never give up!
- Play and replay your favorite missions as much as you want! Use the skills you acquired through each battle you have won so far to take down your enemies!
- The release date will be sometime in 2022.
- Discover the first tactical RPG of the METAL SLUG Series.
- Experience huge replayability with procedurally generated missions layout.
- Enjoy amazing pixel-art graphics respectful of the series
- Face challenging die and retry mechanics with your squad
- Challenge iconic bosses from the METAL SLUG series. Choose between iconics brothers-in-arms to create the perfect team.
- Find the best combos to beat your enemies in epic battles.
- The release date for both versions is planned sometime in 2022.
- Neon White is a lightning-fast first-person action game about exterminating demons in Heaven. You are White, an assassin handpicked from Hell to compete with other demon slayers for a chance to live permanently in Heaven. The other assassins seem familiar, though… did you know them in a past life?
- You play as Neon White, an assassin plucked from Hell to compete with other demon slayers for a shot at redemption.
- Planned Release Date: Early 2022.
Planet of Lana
- A planet that used to be a place of undisturbed balance between humans, nature, and animals has now become something else entirely. The disharmony that had been in the making for hundreds of years has finally arrived in the form of a faceless army. But this is not a story about war. This is a story about a vibrant, beautiful planet –and the journey to keep it that way.
- Planet of Lana is a cinematic puzzle adventure coming to Xbox & PC in 2022.
- Shredders is a snowboarding game coming first to Xbox Series X|S and launching day one with Xbox Game Pass.
- They say that it should be released in February of 2022.
Slime Rancher 2
- Slime Rancher 2 is a sequel to the award-winning, smash-hit original that has been enjoyed by over 10 million fans worldwide. Continue the adventures of Beatrix LeBeau as she journeys to Rainbow Island, a mysterious land brimming with ancient technology, unknown natural resources, and an avalanche of wiggling, jiggling, new slimes to discover.
- As Beatrix attempts to unravel the island’s secrets and uncover its true purpose, she’ll build, ranch, and farm within a beautiful conservatory, whose sparkling glass walls give her a full view of the prismatic paradise she now calls home.
- The planned release date is in 2022.
- Somerville is an upcoming video game and the debut title by the independent studio Jumpship. The studio’s co-founder, Dino Patti, previously co-founded Playdead and worked on Limbo and Inside as executive producer on both games.
- Somerville will be released in 2022.
- Splatoon 3 is a third-person shooter video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch console. Like its predecessors in the Splatoon series, the game consists of competitive online multiplayer matches alongside a story-driven single-player mode.
- Splatoon 3 plans to be released sometime in 2022.
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope is an upcoming turn-based strategy adventure game developed by Ubisoft Milan and published by Ubisoft for the Nintendo Switch.
- The game is a crossover between Nintendo’s Mario and Ubisoft’s Raving Rabbids franchises and a sequel to the 2017 game Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.
- The Release Date is sometime in 2022.
Oxenfree I I: Lost Signals
- Five years after the events of OXENFREE, Riley returns to her hometown of Camena to investigate mysterious radio signals. What she finds is more than she bargained for.
- The release date will be sometime in 2022.
- Lost, alone, and separated from family, a stray cat must untangle an ancient mystery to escape a long-forgotten city.
Stray is a third-person cat adventure game set amidst the detailed neon-lit alleys of a decaying cybercity and the murky environments of its seedy underbelly.
- Roam surroundings high and low, defend against unforeseen threats, and solve the mysteries of this unwelcoming place inhabited by nothing but unassuming droids and dangerous creatures.
- See the world through the eyes of a stray and interact with the environment in playful ways. Be stealthy, nimble, silly, and sometimes as annoying as possible with the strange inhabitants of this foreign world. Along the way, the cat befriends a small flying drone, known only as B12. With the help of this newfound companion, the duo tries to find a way out.
- Planned for a release date in 2022.
Pokémon adventure in Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- Pokémon adventure in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, a brand new game from Game Freak that blends action and exploration with the RPG roots of the Pokémon series. Explore natural expanses to catch Pokémon by learning their behavior, sneaking up, and throwing a well-aimed Poké Ball™. You can also toss the Poké Ball containing your ally Pokémon near a wild Pokémon to seamlessly enter battle. This new angle on Pokémon gameplay will deliver an immersive, personal experience brought to life by both Pokémon and humans.
- The release date is January 28, 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok
- God of War: Ragnarok is the much-anticipated sequel to 2018’s God of War
- Coming to PS5 and PS4 sometime in 2022.
Untitled The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild Sequel
- The setting for the adventure has been expanded to include the skies above Hyrule. The announcement trailer shows Link and Princess Zelda exploring a subterranean ruin, presumably underneath Hyrule Castle. They arrive in a cavern where a corpse resembling Ganondorf is held in suspended animation, gripped by a pale, ghostly hand. The corpse stirs amidst an earthquake, and the trailer then cuts to a view of Hyrule Castle from the Great Plateau. As the ground shakes, the castle is seen rising into the air.
- The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is aiming to launch for Nintendo Switch in 2022.
Follow Gamactica Portals, to stay up to date for more information about New Games that are released!