Dead By Daylight, recently announced on Twitter, the Moonlight Burrow: A Lunar New Year Event.
Celebrate the Lunar New Year with the Moonlight Burrow Event, which brings the return of Red Envelopes, the arrival of Paper Lanterns, and elegant Outfits to unlock.
WHEN: January 24th, 2023, 11AM ET – February 7th, 2023, 11AM ET
Learn more 👉 https://t.co/QxGhHECQcj pic.twitter.com/E6e2XbH7RU
— Dead by Daylight (@DeadByBHVR) January 17, 2023
The rabbit is no easy prey. Boasting quick feet and clever guile, how many have been lost beneath the moonlight?
In celebration of the Lunar New Year – The Year of the Rabbit – the Moonlight Burrow Event is coming to Dead by Daylight. This annual event brings the return of a festive atmosphere, rabbit-inspired Outfits, and several mysterious Offerings for Killers and Survivors.
- WHEN: January 24th, 2023, 11 AM ET – February 7th, 2023, 1PM ET
But before Moonlight Burrow begins, join them in The Fog for an early celebration!
GET STARTED EARLY
From January 17th, 2023, 11 AM ET – January 24th, 2023, 1 PM ET, the lobby will undergo a Lunar New Year transformation. In addition, previously released Lunar Cosmetic Collection Outfits will be on sale in the Dead by Daylight in-game store.
Also, they will be giving away previously released Lunar New Year Cosmetics from the Scarlet Swarm Event, the Gilded Stampede Event, and the Lurking Stripes Event.
Keep an eye out for the codes being distributed on their social media pages and use them to unlock the following Cosmetics!
PROMO CODE REWARDS
- Jan 18: Dwight Fairfield – Lunar Rat Cap & The Spirit – Scarlet Edge
- Jan 20: Jane Romero – Striped Top & The Hillbilly – Brutal Rat Hammer
- Jan 23: David King – Striped Punk Pants, The Trapper – Golden Stinger & Nea Karlsson – Rat Print Top
They are also giving away the following Outfits as daily rewards for logging into the game:
DAILY LOGIN REWARDS
- Jan 17: The Nurse – Festive Gown
- Jan 18: Zarina Kassir – Gilded Locks
- Jan 19: The Clown – Savage Smile
- Jan 20: Kate Denson – Claw Marked Beanie
- Jan 21: The Artist – Entrancing Gown
- Jan 22: Adam Francis – Shimmering Ox
- Jan 23: The Artist – Glaring Blood
Until the Moonlight Burrow Event begins, you’ll also be receiving a boosted XP bonus for your first match of the day. Once the Event starts on January 24th, login in every day until February 7th to claim a reward of 50K blood points (with a total of 700K).
Select Outfits from previous Lunar New Year Collections will be on sale in the Dead by Daylight in-game store throughout the Early Celebration and the Moonlight Burrow Event. Please note that all in-game discounts are in Auric Cells only.
For a full list of discounted Lunar New Year Outfits, check out the in-game store for details.
In addition to these sales, on January 17th the following outfits will have Iridescent Shard prices added to the store:
- The Deathslinger – The Oxen Bounty
- The Legion – New Year Shoplifter (Susie)
- Jeff Johansen – New Year Showgoer
- Ace Visconti – Seasoned Gambler
- Feng Min – Spring Festival
ENTER THE BURROW
Though the Entity’s Realms are known for their atmosphere of pervading dread, that’s not to say the celebration is entirely unwelcome. For the duration of the Moonlight Burrow Event, Generators, Hooks, and the Exit Gates will be adorned with Lunar-themed decorations.
The Red Envelope
- The Red Envelope is a Lunar Event tradition, and once again Players can find these limited-time Offerings in the Bloodweb.
- Upon burning a Red Envelope Offering, a Red Envelope viewable to all players will spawn in the Trial. For players who burn Red Envelopes, the Aura of their respective Envelopes will be visible to them.
The owner can interact with their Envelope to reveal it. Upon doing so, a sound effect will be heard throughout the trial and the Envelope’s aura will be revealed to all players.
- An Envelope can be opened and claimed by another player. When an Envelope is claimed, its owner receives a reward of 5000 blood points, and the recipient receives a randomized number of additional blood points. Note that this number can vary, and with a bit of luck, it can be quite the haul. The Envelope’s owner will also receive a Lunar Event Reward listed below. Collect all 10!
- The Trickster – Hidden Rabbit
- The Doctor–Suit of Madness
- The Oni–Rain Slicer
- The Blight – Golden Tall Hat
- Yun-Jin Lee – Golden Bunny
- Jonah Vasquez – Employee Badge
- Claudette Morel – Triangular Glasses
- Élodie Rakoto – Running in Circles
CHARMS (KILLER & SURVIVOR)
- Lunar Rabbit
- Quiet Rabbit
In addition to the Red Envelope, the Moonlight Burrow Event also introduces the mysterious and alluring…
The Paper Lantern is a new interactable object. It spawns during a Trial at an unused Totem spot and can be interacted with by both Killer and Survivor.
Upon interacting with a Paper Lantern, Players will receive a set of buffs for a brief duration: increased Haste movement speed and increased Vaulting speed. In other words – run, rabbit, run.
In celebration of the Lunar New Year, we’re dropping the Moonlight Burrow Collection with new Very Rare Outfits for Vittorio and Feng Min, both of which will be available in the Dead by Daylight in-game store on January 24th:
- Vittorio Toscano – Auspicious Apparel
- Feng Min – Down The Rabbit Hole
Make sure you follow, for more Dead by Daylight News