Posting to the ACTIVITY page is a great way to get your updates out to our widespread audience. Posting a promo for an upcoming stream can help make members of Gamactica aware of your next stream.
To promote your stream on ACTIVITY, follow these steps:
- Go to ACTIVITY or your PROFILE page (if you go to your profile page, click on your ACTIVITY tab). Posting from either will end up on the site-wide feed.
- Enter a brief description of your stream. Use #hashtags, @mention any members who may be gaming with you, following you, or co-streaming. Add a photo to help liven up your post and draw attention.
- Paste the link to your channel
- Click POST
Your post will now go live across our website and will be visible on your profile, the ACTIVITY page, and to members.
Just because you post, doesn’t mean everyone will pay attention, so we came up with some suggestions to help you maximize your promotions:
- Engage in the community with other members. If you just login to post, you’re missing out on the full extent of the website’s capabilities. Since it is a social community, the emphasis in on socializing. Like other people’s posts, participate in groups, comment on other people’s posts, Private Message members to start a conversation, send friend requests, and simply stay active. This will drive up the chances your promos will be more successful over time and increase the likelihood of attracting new followers.
- Use Groups too. If you’re streaming a specific game, send out a post within that game’s GROUP on Gamactica. If a game does not have a group, simply suggest it by using a Contact Form. We will consider all ideas and will gauge interest for new groups utilizing your suggestions
- Use Hashtags
- Photos. Visuals always help
- Support others. Supporting others will build relationships and draw support for your efforts.